The quality of diet information on the morning chat shows

I swear to god… the same thing again this morning. I get up at a random time, turn on the tv and it’s on whatever channel I was watching the night before. Except for one time when it was cartoons, no matter what time, no matter what station, I’ll turn on the tv in the morning and they are talking about diets.

With some “expert” telling people how to diet. And without exception… ok to be completely fair there might be a tiny little bit of useful correct information like “more fresh fruits and vegetables” but that’s like 1% and the other 99% is a total crock of old shit. Also known as “bro-science”.

I turned on the tv this morning and there’s some idiot talking about “food confusion” and explaining that it’s a lot like “muscle confusion” which body builders use to develop muscle. Firstly… muscle confusion? Does anyone still subscribe to that particular theory of bro-science? Muscles do not get confused. I do appreciate the idea of telling people “have a varied diet” so they are more likely to be consuming a wide range of valuable nutrients… but SAY IT LIKE THAT instead of stupid catch phrases like “food confusion”. Food confusion is the exact problem you’re contributing, ie people are confused about what food is and how much of different types of it they can eat.

This clown goes on to recommend that you can still have a donut but just have 3 bites of it instead of eating the whole thing. Who is going to throw away a perfectly good 66% of a donut? It’s RIDICULOUS.

Like I said in my post the other day about how to solve the obesity crisis, the media needs to step up and start acting more responsibly instead of adding more “food confusion” with these conflicting bullshit “diet” segments literally every morning.

Advertisements

Author: davehpt

I'm DaveHPT, Maybe you've heard of me? Musician, rock star and recording artist. Published author. Former security industry professional. Personal Trainer and Weight Management Architect Of Awesomeness. Problem Solver.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s